Tuesday, 19 October 2010

Day 111 - Tuesday

all day, Kuwait
Ok, this is a long story. The director of my show gave me a lovely wooden box of Middle Eastern candies. I was so excited to get them home, but when P and I tried them, we discovered they ALL - 2 rows of maybe 40 cookies and sweets - ALL had the taste of the wood varnish on them!! They were completely inedible; the 2 I ate actually made me sick. So we had to toss them all out, but I wanted to try to salvage the box, so I put the scrapings from a scented candle in and left it all day. I just hope I can get rid of that awful smell so I can do something useful with that box!

3:30ish pm - Red Top Mountain, GA


We met Jen and her kids up at Red Top Mountain for a picnic and some letterboxing fun. Along the way the kids found this little guy and named him Demitri. He was pretty cool and stayed with up hiking for about an hour before Jen made Naomi let him go back where we found him.

No comments: