Friday, 30 July 2010

Day 30

1:30 pm - Utah
The kids and I headed down to Delta to spend a day with Nana and Papa and on the way we stopped at a roadside stop. It was the site of some pioneer brick making kilns. They were only used for 2 years in the late 1840's, and the factory that used to be over the valley from them is gone, but they are still standing.
9:10am, Bristol (Dorset)
Our bishop found out from my girls that the tent next door had been loud and obnoxious, so he put one of their inflatables on the marquee, HAHA!! (Childish, yes, but they kept me up till 2am the first night, so I wasn't a fan either.)


2 comments:

the quirky one said...

Okay, definitions please! What's an "inflatable" and a "marque"? I thought an inflatable was like one of those giant bounce on castles, and I thought a marque was the lighted sign at a movie theater! But I don't see either of those in the picture, so I'm at a loss!

Nikki said...

Hahaha! Sorry, I've been in England too long. Over here an inflatable is a bouncy castle and also a thing you blow up to go in the water with - the inflatable in this picture is the big white blown-up seat thing on top of the tent. I'm probably using 'marquee' in the wrong sense, but that's what I called the white tent all week!